Australian Music Vault
We helped amplify the stories of Australian contemporary music and culture.
The Australian Music Vault (AMV) is a celebration of the stories of Australian contemporary music - past, present and future. Created in collaboration with the music industry, it features a free, permanent exhibition, interactive and digital experiences, iconic objects from Arts Centre Melbourne's Australian Performing Arts Collection and an ongoing calendar of live performances, education programs and public events. Bravo was one of three collaborating agencies to help shape the AMV experience with a core focus on creating an outstanding website to attract, engage and return visitors to the exhibition.
The Australian Music Vault website needed to enable engagement beyond the physical experience of the exhibition, extending the curatorial intention and narrative for a deeper experience of the rich content. With ‘The Vault’ being free for all - no backstage pass required - Australian Music Vault required an inclusive visual design that reflected an edgy and contemporary brand image that was accessible to all generations. The Australian Music Vault launched late December 2017 and we look forward to many people experiencing Australia’s amazing music history and future in person and online.
Bravo delivered a user-focused website experience to showcase our expanding library of content. They proved themselves to be highly effective collaborators and were great to work with.
– Joe Coleman, Head of Digital Content, Australian Music Vault
- Contributed to overall digital and design strategy for the AMV experience
- A pre-opening website with interactive music ball to build excitement for the launch
- A fully scaleable website for launch and beyond, with flexible template design for in-house content management for minimum 3 years
- Fully device responsive and compliant with AA accessibility standards
- Built with Sitecore content management system including personalisation capability and customisations
- Integrations with EMU (the collection asset catalogue), Tessitura, Youtube, Intsagram, Spotify
- Collaborative agile project management approach throughout
Digital Strategy, Ideation, Workshop Facilitation, Information Architecture (IA), User Experience (UX) Design and Prototyping, Usability Testing, Art Direction, Visual Design, Digital Styleguide Development, Front-end Website Application Development, Back-end Application Development (Sitecore), Content Entry, Custom Development and Integration, Quality Assurance Testing, Accessibility Compliance, Mobile Responsive Device Testing, Project ManagementVisit the website
- Image credits:
Crowd photographed by Shellie Tonkin, 1999
Poster for Sunbury Festival, 1972. Graphic Artist – John Rezska
Poster for AC/DC Tour, 1976. Designer – Graeme Webber